Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 6 Day 3 Eat, Drink, and Be...

Grouchy?

I decided I could get one more in before I head to bed.

Exodus 15:22-17:7

Now the Egyptians are out of the way.

So things should be good. Right?

Well, at least until the people get thirsty.

One child who will remain nameless is extremely demanding. And when he is thirsty, he tells me about every five seconds. I don't even have time to respond and say, "I am getting it." He thinks he is dying of thirst. Right there. (Of course, he takes a tiny sip once I get it for him then goes off to play...)

That is what I think of with the Israelites. They act like they are dying of thirst. Poor Moses. Don't you know, he is thinking, "Don't kill the messenger..." Like he has ANY control of any of this.

So poor Moses goes to God and pleads for help For relief. For peace.

God gives him a plan.

So things are good, right?

Oh, wait. Now the people are hungry. Like wolves circling. They want to eat.

Once again, Moses pleads to God.

And once again, God provides. Meat and bread. Meat at night. Bread in the morning.

So now I am sure God has proven Himself. Right?

Well, at least until the people are thirsty again.

At this point, Moses is asking God, "What do I do with these people???"

How frustrated he must have been.

Even with all of the grumbling reaching His ears, God listens. And once again, He takes care of His people.

Grumble, complain, whine.

He listens anyway.

I am glad that is the God I serve, aren't you?

Reba
Next reading:
Exodus 17:8-18

No comments:

Post a Comment