Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 6 Day 2 Clouds and Fire

Yes, I realize I am now TWO days behind. I will get caught up by Monday. I will. I don't know what happened; it has just been a really long and busy week. I am not saying it will happen tonight but soon. :)

Exodus 13-15:21

Finally the people are out of Egypt.

Finally.

And here they have God right there with them. During the day, His presence is a pillar of clouds. At night, a pillar of fire.

What a comfort that would be! A tangible piece of evidence that God was with them.

Yet, they still doubted.

They are heading out on their journey when the king of Egypt notices, "Hey, all of our slaves are gone...we need to get them."

So Pharaoh and his men hop into their chariots and head to the Red Sea.

Even with a head start, the Egyptians catch up with God's people.

Now you would think after ALL that God had done, God's people would have thought, "This situation is not bigger than God. At all."

Instead, the people start whining right off. "Why did you bring us here? We could have died in Egypt just as easily? What will happen?" Blah. Blah. Blah.

I just think Moses had to get weary at some point of the complaining. Don't you think? I would have been. I would have been saying, "Um, God, I did NOT sign up for this!"

Thankfully, Moses was a better guy than me. He just listened to God. Raised his staff by the water. And the waters opened up.

The Israelites walked across the Sea on dry land.

The Egyptians tried. But at that point, the water that had been held back was released.

And that was the end of that. Or rather them.

Next reading: Exodus 15:22-Exodus 17:7

No comments:

Post a Comment