Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 9 Day 1 An Eye for an Eye

Leviticus 23-25

Yes, I realize I am behind.

I have no excuses other than I was really tired last night. I am pretty tired tonight too but determined to do this.

So...

Chapter 23
This chapter lists all of the festivals appointed by God. I would love to have a calendar where this is all spelled out for me. I am so visual. I do know there were several.

The Sabbath
The Passover
The Feast of Unleavened Bread
The First of the Harvest
The Feast of Weeks
The Feast of Trumpets
The Day of Cleansing
The Feast of Shelters

Chapter 24
The title of this "An Eye for an Eye" is one of the more often quoted verses from the Bible, especially when referring to crime or retaliation.

And it all stemmed from the story of a man who cursed God during an argument with another man.

The people held him until they heard what God's plans were for this man (it wasn't a good outcome for him).

This is when God delivers the "Eye for an Eye" speech.

It is one of those things I don't completely understand. Honestly, reading this chapter made me a bit nauseated. I am not big on violence. Ask my husband. I am VERY limited in what I will watch on tv or in movies. So I cannot fully understand. It is just one of those times I have to believe He is God. And that is all I need to know.

Chapter 25
This chapter sums up a few topics.

The Year of Rest for the Land (every seventh year, letting the land rest

The Year of Jubilee (every 50th year)- a year of freedom

Property Laws and Rules for Slave Owners

I am fading fast (fatigued) so I better end for now. Tomorrow I finish up Leviticus!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment