Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 7 Day 4 Day of Rest

Exodus 30-31

Here we find more detailed plans, such as the altar for burning incense, the bronze bowl, and "recipes" for incense and anointing oil.

Again, I am just reminded. God has a plan.

The part that really stuck out to me from these chapters was that God provided two people to oversee the design and creation of the things God has been talking about. He specifically calls out names of who Moses can turn to for help. I love this. It just once again reaffirms to me that He has a plan for us. And that He provides the workers. I don't know if Bezalel and Oholiab ever had realized how important their skills were. I imagine that they lived their ordinary lives, worked day in and day out, and wondered at times, "Am I making a difference?" I know I do! But they didn't have to wonder any more. God specifically pointed them out to help with the design of God's meeting place. Even if the rest of the world hadn't realized their potential, their skills, God did. That is a comfort to my heart today.

The chapters end with a little discussion about the day of rest. He reminded the Israelites that He had a day of rest and that he expected them to.

I don't know about you, but rest sounds good right about now...

Reba
Next reading: Exodus 32-33

No comments:

Post a Comment