Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 7 Day 6 Coming to Fruition

Exodus 35-38

These chapters involve the actual building of the Holy Tent and all of the things involved with it (altars, table, Ark, etc.). If you will remember, we saw the "blueprints" for this just a few chapters ago. Now it is time to put the plan into action.

Surely somewhere out in cyberspace someone has replicated this at least in computer model. I am such a visual person! Even reading it twice (the first time in the plans, the second in the building), some of it is really fuzzy in my mind. So far my Google search has only brought forth a toy model, but I suppose something is better than nothing. :)

I won't repeat every direction given for this building. I will say that the Israelites (the same ones who were dancing around a cow earlier) followed God's commands to a T.

The one part that really stuck out to me in these chapters was that the Israelites gave gold, silver, bronze, threads, etc. not because they had to. Or they were guilted to. Or even for show. No. They gave because they WANTED to.

What a noble idea!

Even better, at one point, Moses has to ask the people to STOP providing gifts for the tabernacle. They had plenty for the project.

Wonder how many times that happens in today's life/church?

Oh, trust me, I say that with fingers pointed right back at me.

Something to think about.

Tomorrow's Reading: Exodus 39-40

No comments:

Post a Comment