Friday, April 1, 2011

Week 6 Day 5 On Eagle's Wings

Exodus 19

I am determined to get caught up today. Determined. I can do this. And that is no joke. :)

It has been three months since the Israelites left Egypt. They are now camping in the Desert of Sinai in front of the mountain. That would be Mount Sinai.

So Moses goes up on the mountain to listen to God.

I think that is impressive for a man of his age. I don't know how old he is but he cannot be in his 20's at this point. I am not sure I could climb up a mountain at my age. :)

God tells Moses all kinds of things.

One of my favorites:
You saw how I carried you out of Egypt, as if on eagle's wings. verse 4

Doesn't that bring a beautiful picture to mind?

I love that God is reminding Moses (to remind the people) to remember what He has done for them.

You would think this would be fresh on their minds.

However, you would think when I am facing times of trouble and despair, all of the times God has provided would be fresh on my mind too.

Moses went to talk to the people. He shared what God had shared. And they said, "Yes. We will do what He says."

So Moses went back to the LORD...Another climb on the mountain.

I am getting tired thinking about it!

God instructs Moses to instruct the people to prepare for Him. He will come speak to Moses and they will hear. Then they will always trust him. Well, that may be wishful thinking but it sounds good.

For three days the people prepared. They spiffied themselves up.

On the morning of the third day, there was thunder and lightning. And there was a thick cloud on the mountain. Then, the people heard a loud blast. The people trembled.

How scary would that be???

So Moses met with God once again, while the people stood below.

And then He spoke...

Next up: Exodus 20

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment