Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 11 Day 4 Paybacks

Numbers 31

I have to admit. I am a Christian. I believe in God. I believe He is a God of justice and of love...yes, He can be both (even when I can't). I believe the Bible is true. But I won't lie, there are parts of it I just don't understand.

This chapter is one of those times.

It starts off with the Lord telling Moses that it was time for the Israelites to pay back the Midianites for what they had done to the Israelites...with war.

It is hard for me to reconcile this part of God with the God who tells us to turn the other cheek.

I have no answers. This is one time I am walking by faith and just believing that God is God and I am not. I do not understand and am not made to understand...

I won't go into details about all of it. Have I ever mentioned I don't watch most movies dealing with violence? It makes me sick to my stomach.

I will say, on a much lighter note, my name (or rather nickname) is IN this chapter! Unfortunately, it was one of the Midianite kings who didn't fare so well. But still, kind of cool to see in print. :)

I will also say that even though God made it clear that Moses time was coming to an end, Moses continued God's work. He didn't question God. He just did what God said.

That is what I need to do a lot more often...

I think tomorrow's reading is chapter 32 or maybe 32 and 33...the lights are off and I can't see the book. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment