Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 10 Day 1 Numbers 10 Deserted

Oops! I was supposed to read part of Numbers 9 and all of Numbers 10. Except I did all of Numbers 9 in the last post. Well, I guess the good news is that I may catch up on a missing day tomorrow. Maybe...

So...

Numbers 10
The first part of this chapter was about the silver trumpets God told Moses to make. He told him what to make and how to use them. I like that the trumpets were to not only be used for "bad" reasons (like being under attack) but also for good reasons, like happy times or feasts. Since there was no Twitter, I am thinking the trumpets were the only way to spread some news among all of these Israelite people!

Oh, I like that people could just call on the trumpet and God would hear them. of course, I would guess God, being all knowing and all, would already know they were about to call...

The next part of the chapter talks about the order the Israelites are to move out of their camp when God tells them to. They had a plan to follow.

Sure enough, the day came that God moved the cloud meaning the people needed to move too.

Here is a great thing.

They followed directions! They did it just as God had asked.

It gives me hope for the four children I have living at my house. Surely if that many people wandering in the desert can do this, my kids can too. Right?

One last thing I found interesting: The people were moved from one desert to another. I wonder if the people were a little disappointed? They kept hearing about this Promised Land. Instead they ended up in the desert (a new one at that) again...

Tomorrow's Reading:
Numbers 11

No comments:

Post a Comment