Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 10 Day 5 Seeing Blue

Numbers 15

Just when I thought I was done reading about sacrifices, there is Numbers, Chapter 15. And a good first part of the chapter is all about...sacrifice. At least it doesn't go into too much detail. But still...

Ironically, this morning in our Bible Fellowship, we referred to some of the verses in this very chapter!

One of the main things we talked about was the "sins". The unintentional sins were still called sins. And they still required a sacrifice. But even more, the intentional sins? There was no sacrifice for it. That person just had to be cut off. Turned out. Removed from the group. Ow! I wonder if that made the people think at all before they did anything?

The other thing I found interesting in this chapter is that the Israelites were asked to tie several pieces of thread together on the corner of their clothes. There had to be a blue thread among the threads. Why? To always remind the people of God's commands. Every time they saw it, they would remember.

I wonder if I sewed something like this together and gave it to my children if it would remind them at all what God's commands (which are also our commands) are.

Hmmm, something to try. :)

Next reading: Numbers 16

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment