Saturday, May 14, 2011

week 10 Day 7

Numbers 19-21

Just when I thought the sacrifices were over, there they are again. Ick. Again.

There was also some war/fighting stuff.

And Moses lost two siblings during this period.

But the part of the reading today that really struck out to me...

The people were complaining again. Again, they called out, asking Moses why he brought them from Egypt where life was so good. Oh, how quickly they forget.

So God gave Moses a command. He told Moses to talk to a rock and it would bring forth water.

A rock?

I still don't exactly know what went wrong. But Moses chastised the people (I can't say I blame him for that one :). Then he struck the rock with a stick TWICE. And it did bring forth water.

But somewhere along the way, Moses disrespected God.

I don't know if it was the chastisement of the people which God never technically told him to do. Or the fact that he decided to strike the rock rather than talk to it. Moses technically did not follow God's directions.

Either way, God was displeased. Unhappy. Cross.

Because of this mistake, Moses and Aaron would die rather than enter the Promised Land. Not die right there but they wouldn't live long enough to enter the Promised Land.

Wow. Seems kind of harsh after all Moses had done.

But like I say often, I am not God and I don't understand all He does.

I just know He had a reason.

He is God.

I don't have my Bible in front of me so I can't tell you the next reading...

I guess I will let you know tomorrow. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment