Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 14 Day 2 Fairy Tale Ending

Deuteronomy 31

I can't help but feel for Moses. He is now 120 years old. He is tired. He has been on a VERY long journey, leading a very difficult group of people. He is doing a job he never asked to do. He is weary.

And then, because of one mistake (or one big mistake according to God), he is not even allowed to enter the Promised Land.

Now it is nearly the end of his time.

He knows it. God knows it. Joshua, next in line for the job, knows it.

Yet even at the end, Moses is faithful. He writes down God's words for the people to read. He reminds them of who God is. And he listens to his God.

As if this journey hasn't been difficult enough, Moses has to listen to the bad news.

After all of this, all he has been through, he hears that the people will soon forget about God, turning to other Gods. And God will turn His back on them.

I am just thinking that would be a bit of a disappointment after all he has been through.

I am pretty sure I would stand up and say, "Are you serious, God? You had me do all of this, travel all of this way, only to have it end like this? I don't want this. I want the fairy tale ending. Happily Ever After."

Thankfully, Moses is not me. He takes it all in stride. He delivers the appropriate messages. And he accepts what God says, no questions asked.

In some ways, there is no fairy tale ending.

But perhaps there is.

Eternity with a Heavenly Father.

This was just one part of the journey.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment