Friday, July 8, 2011

Week 13 Day 4 Speechless

Deuteronomy 21-22

I honestly don't even know what to say about these chapters.

They address murder, disobedient sons (who are to be stoned), marriage issues (and some others I won't mention on here), farming tips, and even rules about what men and women can wear.

And much of it made me queasy. A whole lot of stoning going on.

So what do I take away from this?

Well, one obvious thing is that I am SOOO thankful Jesus came to the cross and I don't have to witness stonings or bodies hanging from trees.

Blech.

The other thing is that the main point of many of these rules is to get the evil out of their people. If there was evil, they had to get rid of it. Otherwise it would take over their nation.

That is true, not necessarily in our nation. But I can apply that to my life.

Things that are evil, I need to shun or rid my life out.

Otherwise it spreads like wildfire.

I am just glad no stoning has to occur...

Tomorrow's reading: Deuteronomy 23-25

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment