Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week 16 Day 3 Famous Last Words

Joshua 23-24

110.

That is how old Joshua is now.

110.

That is a lot of years lived. A lot of ups and downs. A lot of adventures. A lot of heartbreaks.

And now the end is near.

He knows it.

We don't know how he does, but he does.

He brings the elders, the heads of families, the judges, the officers of Israel together.

He reminds them. He reminds them of God's faithfulness. He reminds them that God keeps his promises. He also reminds them that they have to do their part. They have to love Him and keep His commands. No ifs, ands, or buts.

And the people agreed.

One of my favorite verses is in this passage.

He is talking about serving God. He reminds the people that they need to serve God. If they don't, they need to decide who they will serve.

Then he utters, "As for me and my family, we will serve the LORD."

Not long after, Joshua died.

And though he no longer remained, his words have. For years.

I find myself thinking the same thing.

As for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.

'Nuff said.

Tomorrow's reading:
Judges 1-2:5

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment