Saturday, December 10, 2011

Peace on Earth Week 16 Day 1

Joshua 20-21

I know, I know. I am like on the 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 year plan.

It isn't that I don't enjoy reading the Bible.

I do.

It is just that I am not particularly enjoying THIS part of it.

Just because it is a lot of city names I cannot pronounce.

That and I am pretty sure nobody reads this so I have nobody prompting me with "Are you keeping up with your reading?" But I need to do it anyway. I need to dig in every day. And when I don't, I need to just pick myself up and do it again rather than give up.

Both chapters today involved cities/twons. One was about the "safe cities" where the Israelites could go for safety if they accidentally killed someone. As long as it was truly an accident, the family of the victim could not seek retaliation.

The other is about the Levites' request for towns with pastures in which to live since they had no designated "land".

That is when a long list of towns I cannot pronounce began.

My favorite part of this passage was the end. No, not because it was the end. Because it was just another example of God keeping His promises. The Israelites lived in peace. Peace all around them.

I yearn for peace in our not peaceful world.

It won't happen again for a while.

But God does keep His promises.

It will.

What a glorious day that will be!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment