Friday, February 25, 2011

Week 1 Day 6: A Promise


Genesis 9 and 10

A Promise
Ahhh, my favorite part.

So here is Noah and his family. They are off the boat now. The water is gone. Basically he and his family have the whole earth to themselves. Wow.

And what does God start this passage with?

He tells them that he is giving everything to them for food...No, that isn't my favorite part, but it is a close second. I am not going to lie. I really like food. So here is God saying that He is giving everything for food. For whatever reason, that caught my attention. :)

But the biggie. The rainbow. I love that God gave a tangible picture of His promise to NEVER destroy the earth by flood again. And such a beautiful picture too.

Even now, I see that rainbow, and I see His promise.

I remember one point during Maria's adoption, I was feeling down and out. I don't remember every detail, but I am pretty sure we were leaving Shakes which is a local frozen custard place. Love their malts. Anyway, we were leaving there and I looked over at the sky and saw a beautiful rainbow. And immediately felt peace.

Oh, I know. The promise was to not destroy the earth again by flood.

Doesn't say a word about bringing home our daughter from Guatemala.

But still, seeing that rainbow reminded me that God is faithful. He keeps His promises. He loves His children.

And for that, I am thankful.

Tomorrow's reading: Genesis 11

Reba
PS I apologize for the large yellow date across the picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment