Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 20 Day 2 Trust and Obey...

Well, at this rate, I should be finished by the time my youngest child goes to college. :)

Today's reading:  I Samuel 13-15

So Saul is the king.

By people's standards, he is a great king.

He is a warrior.

He takes charge.

He is a soldier, ready to fight.

However, by God's standards, not so much.

Saul is disobedient.

He is prideful.

He seems to only call upon the name of the Lord when in trouble.

And God knows.

In fact, today's reading ends with the phrase "And the LORD was very sorry He made Saul the King of Israel".

Ouch.

My hope, my prayer is that God doesn't say the same thing about me.

I don't want Him to be sorry He created me.

Or made me Mom to these kids.

Or wife to Mark.

Or teacher of many.

I want to listen.

To trust.

To obey.

Tomorrow's reading:
I Samuel 16

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment