Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 15 Day 6 A Land Divided

Joshua 13-17

I really didn't abandon this blog last night. I had every intention of writing in here. But I fell asleep early. Didn't update one of the blogs. Ask my school 'team"...it has been a really busy week!

Okay, these were not the most exciting chapters. It basically talked about how God (through Joshua) divided the Promised Land among the tribes. So it used a LOT of words and places and names that I cannot pronounce and really have NO idea where or who they are.

But my favorite part was actually in Joshua 13.

If you ever have a chance, read Joshua 13:21.

See if you can figure out why I like it so much. :)

The other part I loved was in Joshua 14. The last verse.

"After this there was peace in the land."

You know how I feel about war and conflict. What a complete dream it would be to have peace.

That is all I want for Christmas.

Peace.

Peace among my children. Among my students. In my town. In my state. In our country. In our world.

One day.

One day the Prince of Peace will bring that to us.

I can hardly wait!

Tomorrow's reading: Joshua 18 and 19.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment