Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 15 Day 5 Grains of Sand

Joshua 11 and 12

I don't know why I am having such a hard time staying with this. I started off so well. Then life got busy. (I am not sure why this would make a difference but I have noticed that since bringing the puppy home, I am more sporadic than ever!)

I want to.

I really do.

I want to dig into the Word every single day. I want to find a nugget of what God is sharing with me. I want to be committed.

I am not sure if it is where I am.

Wars.

That is what these chapters are about.

God's kingdom was being established through the Israelites.

But that involved a whole lot of wars. And killing. And other things that truly do turn my stomach over.

I am not a war person.

I am more of a peace person.

I don't like conflict.

One of my favorite things in Washington DC were the rocks at the FDR Memorial that had the words "I Hate War" on them.

Not that I don't support our troops and soldiers.

I do.

I know that war has been a part of human history for years.

And sometimes (like the Civil War), it is a necessity.

But it still makes my stomach turn.

Today's reading was no exception because guess what both chapters were about?

War.

Several kings and nations started getting nervous about the Israelites.

So they gathered together.

When they did, they numbered "more than the grains of sand on the seashore".

I LOVE going to the beach. I love stepping into the warm sand with my bare feet.

Though I have only been to a few beaches in my life, I have to say, there is a LOT of sand on the beach.

So to have that many people gathered together to defeat the Israelites...that just hurts my head thinking about it.

Yet again, God proves victorious.

All those people, all those "grains of sand", were defeated.

That is about all I have to say about that.

I do plan on coming back. Hopefully tomorrow night. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment