Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 14 Day 4 A Glimpse at the Future

Deuteronomy 33-34

I have started this and stopped it several times. Maybe I didn't really want Deuteronomy to end. I don't know. But I have had trouble ending it.

In these last two chapters of Deuteronomy, Moses gives a final blessing to the tribes of Israel.

Then he dies.

He was 120 years old.

His eyes were weak but his body was strong.

Something I never realized...God buried Moses. People still don' t know exactly where he was buried.

I have a feeling God had a reason for that.

If people knew, they would have made Moses' grave a shrine.

Even though the people didn't always like what Moses had to say (a downfall of being a prophet), they knew he was different.

He saw God face to face. He knew God. He performed signs and miracles. There was never another prophet just like him.

And now an era has ended.

Tomorrow's reading: Joshua 1

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment