Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 14 Day 3 Rock Solid

Deuteronomy 32

I am fighting to stay awake (long day) but am DETERMINED to get back on track with this.

As I am reading, I am thinking to myself, "This looks like a song." And sure enough, several verses into it, I realize it is a song.

It is a song that Moses and Joshua spoke to the people.

And the song itself is just a wrap up of the history the Israelites had had.

So nothing new, even for those of us who have been away for a while.

But one thing I did enjoy in this passage is how many times God referred to himself as "the Rock".

Several.

And the part that really made me think...

At the end of the chapter, Moses is told he can go look down over the Promised Land that he will not enter because of his sin against "the rock".

Kind of ironic, huh?

Tomorrow's reading
Deuteronomy 33 and 34

No comments:

Post a Comment