Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 18 Day 2 Deja Vu...All Over Again

Yes, I know.

M.I.A. once again.

The worst part is that I have read this passage a few times now.

I just had trouble getting myself to post about it.

The war stuff, the killing stuff.  It just makes my stomach turn.

I keep reminding myself if I will just finish this up, I can be in the book of Ruth which is not quite as gory of a book.

Blech.

Anyway, since it is summer, I have no excuse. I have more time to do stuff like blogging (though I never seem to have trouble blogging recipes...).

So I will try once again to get back in this routine.

I really will try.

Sigh.

Anyway, I have just read this passage (Judges 19-21) for the THIRD time.

And honestly, I still cannot bring myself to say much about it.

It made my stomach turn just as much now as it did before.

I know that the Bible is God's Word.  So there is a reason this story is in the Bible.

But that doesn't mean I have to enjoy reading it, right?

The whole time I was reading it, I was thinking about Sodom and Gomorrah.

I think the last sentence sums up all three chapters here.

From verse 25 of Chapter 21...

In those days Israel did not have a king.  Everyone did what seemed right.

And if you are brave enough to read these three chapters, you will see just how very true that is.

Blech.

Tomorrow's reading:  Ruth 1

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment