Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 15 Day 3 Divide and Conquer

Joshua 8

Sorry I missed a couple of days. I have been struggling to stay awake once the kids are in bed.

Anywho. I don't know if I can comment a lot on this chapter. I am so not a violence person. I don't watch it, I can't read about it, etc. It makes my stomach turn.

And that is what this chapter was about.

The Israelites continued their move into the Promised Land. And that involved defeating Ai. I have no idea how to say that.

It is times like this, as I read, that I wonder how this was part of God's plan. I mean, did the people of Ai do anything other than be in the wrong place at the wrong time? Yet the Israelites were told to divide, surround the city, then ambush it, killing everyone there. They even got to keep any riches for themselves this time.

After reading it, I still don't understand. And in my human mind, I probably never will.

Just have to trust that God had a plan.

And His ways are not my ways.

The one neat thing was at the end of this chapter, Joshua wrote down the teachings of Moses then stood and read them to the people.

At least it ended on a good note. :)

Tomorrow's reading:
Joshua 9 and 10

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment